Jump onto these free deals from Moreton Bay Council
Many of us don’t give the local council much thought – we tend to just think of them as the ones who empty our rubbish bins or fix potholes in the road. So you might be surprised to learn of these great free programs and services that Moreton Bay Council offer to Morayfield locals.
- Everyone loves a cubbyhouse!
Reawaken your inner child with a free family fun day to celebrate the open of a fab new exhibition at the Pine Rivers Heritage Museum.
- At 10am on Sunday 30 October, join in a picnic celebration for the opening of Cubbies, Forts and Adventures.
- This exhibition explores the theme of childhood hideouts through cubbies, forts, games and hands-on activities.
- So come along and celebrate cubbies – the domain of kids as a place to call their own!
- Get up close to a Koala
Everyone loves these little Aussie marsupials!
- From 10am – 12 noon on Saturday 29 October, head to Mungurra Reserve in Petrie to enjoy a free guided nature walk.
- You’ll learn about koalas and their habitat, how to spot their signs, and see the revegetation providing new animal homes in this reserve.
- The event is free, but you’ll need to book – see here for details.
- Get active for free
Need to get moving, but not sure where to start?
- The council’s iMove program offers more than 250 local activities to help keep you and your family active, healthy and connected with the community.
- From free Senior’s classes and outdoor gyms to skate parks, dance and gymnastics for the kids, this directory has it all covered.
- Some classes and activities are free. Check the 2016/17 iMove directory for full program and cost details.
- These activities are a great way to get active, enjoy your local parks and facilities, and make new friends.
- And Seniors can enjoy the Older and Bolder program.
- Go exploring
Sign the kids up to the council’s GAME program – Gallery and Museum Explorers!
- The free Museum Discovery Docks will take the kids on a journey of wonderment and discovery through fun interactive projects and activities.
- And the Art Gallery Creation Stations will inspire their inner Picasso!
- The kids will can get hands-on at the free Creation Stations. They’ll enjoy local artist talent and national touring exhibitions, exploring everything from traditional techniques through to contemporary art.
- School holiday fun for kids
Get the kids moving with the council’s free Active Kids Park Sessions each school holidays.
- Designed to encourage children to get outside and active in their local parks, this fun program of fun games will get the kids out of your hair for a while!
- All activities are completely free with no prior bookings required.
- And teens will love the council’s low cost SHAFT program for high school kids.
- To be in the know about what’s happening next school holidays, register to receive the council’s newsletter.