5 tips and tricks save money on your big day!
So you’re in the Midland area, and you’re planning your wedding. You want this to be the most unforgettable day of your life – but not because of the huge bill! Have the day of your dreams and start your new life together as husband and wife with a lot more money in your pockets by making some easy savings on your wedding costs.
Here’s 5 ways you can save on wedding costs in Midland – and start married life together with some extra cash.
- Save on stationery
Skip the expensive, heavily embossed fancy invitations.
- Bridal beauty on a budget
If you’re the bride, this is probably one area you don’t really want to compromise on. After all, it’s the most important day of your life, and you want to be looking your best! But there are a few smart ways to make some big savings on bridal beauty.
- If you’re happy to consider doing your own makeup, make the most of those department store cosmetic counters. Try the beauty counters in Myer at Morley or David Jones at Karrinyup, where you can often book in to have your makeup done for free, as long as you’ll be buying something –and you’re going to need some cosmetics for the big day anyway! They can show you all the tips and tricks you’ll need to know.
- Got a good friend who’s a hairdresser or makeup artist? Ask them if they’d consider making their services their wedding gift to you.
- If you’re booking a professional, you can often save loads by going to their salon rather than paying extra for them to come to you.
- Fashion that won’t break the bank
Brides – you don’t need to spend thousands of dollars to get your dream gown.
Grooms – hiring a suit for your big day can often be as expensive as buying one!
- Consider your venue and the style of your wedding when deciding what to wear. You won’t want fancy black tie and shoes for a beach wedding, so can make some savings on accessories here.
- Wedding suit hire can be really expensive. Instead, keep an eye out for suit sales in stores, and try to choose a suit that’s neutral and practical enough to be worn again in years to come.
- Try Mensland or Roger David in Midland Gate Shopping Centre, or keep an eye on Myer Morley for sales.
- Don’t be afraid to negotiate, particularly if you’re getting married out of the peak spring and summer season.
- Flowers that won’t cost a fortune
Save a fortune on floristry by going DIY!
- Ask a savvy friend with a knack for floristry or a good design eye if they’ll consider doing your flowers as their wedding gift to you. There’s lots of easy to follow YouTube tutorials they can use.
- Get them to hit the Flower Markets and pick up your blooms at wholesale prices. Be sure to go with flowers that are in season to maximise your savings!
- Select smaller, less complicated bouquet designs, and consider how many button hole or corsage arrangements you really need for your wider group.
- Skip the fancy floral arrangements for your ceremony and reception. While they may look pretty, once the guests have all arrived they blend into the background and no one really notices them!
- Instead, opt for budget friendly table decorations like hurricane lamps and jars filled with candles, shells or other re-useable trinkets that suit your theme.
- Or consider repurposing your flowers, and moving floral arrangements from your ceremony to use as table centrepieces at your reception. Ask a trusted friend to take care of this for you on the day.
- Here’s some great budget friendly ideas for decorating your wedding.
- Getting your fill without emptying your wallet
When selecting your reception venue and planning your menu, there’s a few smart ways you can save.
- Consider having your wedding outside of the peak spring/summer season when prices – and venue availabilities – are at a premium.
- You can also make savings by having a weekday or a morning wedding.
- Look for a venue where you can BYO, such as some of Perth’s many community centres or surf clubs. Check out handy guides like this one, Halls for Hire, or this guide here for some great venue ideas.
- This way not only can you have your favourite wines and beers, but you’ll save a small fortune on the drinks bill.
- A cocktail style wedding can make some big savings on food. Just be sure there’ll be enough food if serving canapes – you don’t want your guests going home hungry!
- Make your own wedding cake – or ask a talented friend if they’d consider doing so as their wedding gift to you.
- Serve your wedding cake as dessert. If you go for cupcakes, you can often avoid the ‘plating’ fee that many venues charge.
City Finance can help you with fast cash for your big day
Need help getting a little extra cash together for your wedding or honeymoon? Just pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Midland branch for a chat and some helpful advice.