Our top fast, easy and budget friendly Father’s Day ideas
He might dish up a few too many dorky Dad jokes at times, or entertain with his failed DIY attempts. But chances are your Dad is still pretty cool – and he deserves some thanks and appreciation for everything he’s done for you over the years. While you might already be the apple of his eye, here’s some fast, easy and fun ideas that could help put you in Dad’s favour this Father’s Day!
A relaxing, indulgent day isn’t just for Mums. He might not want to admit it, but Dad likes to be pampered too – perhaps just in a different kind of way!
- We’re not talking expensive day spa packages here. You can create a relaxing, blokey experience for Dad without spending much cash.
- Set up the bathroom with a nice relaxing warm bath and his favourite book or paper – or even better still, see if you can set up the TV or iPad within viewing distance of the tub, so Dad can watch the game or his favourite movie while he’s chillaxing!
- You could even try your hand at creating some indulgent and masculine bath products for Dad to bliss out with. Try this aromatic coffee body scrub, or this lemongrass foaming face cleanser. Just promise you won’t tell his mates!
Treat Dad to a gourmet family meal together – he’ll love you for it!
The gift Dad is sure to love best is the one that shows you’ve put the thought into using your time and talents, instead of your cash!
- There’s loads of great crafty creations that you can put together for Dad in no time at all, and without spending a fortune. You’ll find lots of inspiration here and here.
- Create Dad his very own moustache mug or car washing kit – both let you exercise your creative flair and create a practical gift that Dad will enjoy.
- Or why not try some DIY together? Many Bunnings stores are running free fun family nights in the lead-up to Father’s Day. Head along with Dad and you can all enjoy the fun of a balloon clown, face painting and kid’s craft. There will be some great ideas and workshops on creating fun home-made gifts Dad will love, plus there’s yummy food for everyone! See what’s happening at your local store and book in for some free family fun, Dad will love it!
Create a getaway
Whisk Dad away from the everyday! Use your imagination – instead of your cash! – to create a great day out for Dad.
- Adventure loving Dads will love having the family join them on a bushwalk through your local national park or perhaps a coastal stroll. Or jump on your bikes and enjoy a cycle together!
- Nature loving Dads will enjoy a scenic and relaxing picnic together. Use this handy guide to throwing a cheap and easy picnic and treat Dad to an outing at his favourite beach, lookout or park.
- Movie loving Dads will love being treated to a trip to the movies – why not take him to see the new Jason Bourne thriller, or War Dogs? Dad will love enjoying the action and adventure at the cinema with you.
- And the movies needn’t cost you a small fortune – click here for cheap movie tickets for Telstra or Optus customers, and the RACQ or NRMA also offer members cheap movie tickets.
- Can’t stretch your budget to buy movie tix? No problem – bring the movies to you! Switch off the lounge room lights for a cinema style feel, add a few bags of microwaved popcorn and your family’s favourite DVD, and you’ve got a great family night in that’ll make Dad’s day!
However you choose to show Dad how much he means to you this Father’s Day, just remember that you can make his day in lots of fast, easy ways without spending a load of cash or blowing your budget.
Happy Father’s Day from all of the team at City Finance!