Take a budget break without the long drive
Camping is the ultimate budget holiday. A chance to relax, unwind and unplug from digital devices and daily life for a while. The good news is, you don’t have the hit the road and drive for hours. There’s loads of fabulous places to camp around the Logan area. So grab your sleeping bag and tent, and let’s find the best camping spots near you!
Here’s 5 great camping spots near Logan
Far enough away, but near enough!
With a serene riverside location, Bigriggen Park is less than a 90 minute drive from Logan, but you’ll feel a world away.
- Firstly, there’s loads to do here. Water activities to enjoy include swimming, canoeing, platypus spotting or fishing.
- Or do as little as you like! Take a book, kick back and relax.
- Stretch your legs and enjoy the many bush walking trails in the Scenic Rim’s nearby Mt Barney National Park.
- Your family’s four legged friend can also join in the fun. Dogs are welcome on application, check the Bigriggen Park rules for details on one of the best camping spots in Queensland.
Authentic bush setting
Just a stone’s throw further down the Logan River, enjoy camping on the river bank at Flanagan Reserve.
- With lots of shade, this is a great spot for swimming and fishing.
- It’s a popular spot for bushwalkers who can enjoy the many trails nearby around Mt Maroon, Mt Barney and Mt Lindesay.
- Facilities on site include a kiosk, showers, toilets, laundry tub, kitchen sink, BBQs and picnic tables.
- Dogs are welcome too, so everyone can enjoy the fun.
Free camping by the lake
For a completely free camping experience, head to the Ngumbi Camping Area at Wyaralong Dam, just off the Beaudesert Boonah Road.
- Just a 45 minute drive from Logan, Wyaralong Dam is a great place to enjoy water activities like canoeing or kayaking.
- The nearby Ngumbi campground is in the centre of the park and has just six open campsites available on a first-come, first-served basis. The area includes a toilet, a simple shelter shed and water tanks.
- You can’t drive to this remote campsite, you instead access it via the lake.
- It makes also a great base for hiking and trail running, and for the adventurous who want to head to the top of Mt Joyce.
Great for water sports
Just over one hour’s drive from Logan, Lake Moogerah Caravan Park in Boonah is one of the best camping spots for a quick getaway.
We all sometimes dream of running away to live on an island.
- Camping at Stradbroke Island can make that dream come true, for a while at least!
- With eight different camping grounds to choose from, it seems that Straddie has something for everyone.
- Many of the camping grounds are right on the beach, and some of them even allow you to bring your dog along.
- Getting there from Logan is easy. Head to Toondah Harbour in Cleveland, less than an hour’s drive away. From there it’s just a 25 minute ferry ride – you can even take your 4WD with you.