Top tips for Australia Day festivities around the Central Coast
The date of Australia Day has been the subject of some controversy lately. Whatever your view, the Australia Day long weekend provides time to catch up with friends and family, celebrating all things Aussie.
Here’s some cheap and easy ways to celebrate Australia Day long weekend around Gosford.
Australia Day goes off with a bang at The Entrance
- Celebrate all things Australian at The Entrance this Australia Day.
- The family can enjoy an action packed day full of free entertainment and fun activities at Memorial Park.
- Events and entertainment include live music, an ice cream eating competition, cannon firing, market stalls and a baby animals display.
- It’s all topped off with the Sea FM Fireworks Spectacular at 9pm on The Entrance Waterfront.
Throw a few prawns on the barbie
- What could be more Aussie than enjoying a BBQ with some mates or family?
- Invite your nearest and dearest around and throw some snags and prawns on the barbie.
- For some great inspiration check out this fab Australia Day recipe collection!
- Of course, it wouldn’t be an Aussie BBQ without a hit of backyard cricket! Grab yourself a bargain with this backyard cricket set from Target in Erina or Tuggerah.
- If you take your cricket a little more seriously, head to Rebel at Erina to check out some of their budget backyard cricket sets.
Pack a picnic
- For a summer feast without having to fire up the barbie, pack a picnic and head to one of the fabulous picnic spots around the Central Coast.
- Top local picnic spots include
Whip up some Aussie classics
- Wherever you’re dining, Australia Day is the perfect time to tempt your tastebuds with some classic Aussie culinary favourites.
- If you’re handy in the kitchen, try making a classic Aussie meat pie. Or take a shortcut and swing by Ken’s Humble Pie Shop at The Entrance to pick up one they’ve got ready and waiting for you!
- How about a pavlova for dessert? You could make your own pavlova, or pick up one from Coles in Green Point, Erina, Wyoming, West Gosford or Kincumber and top it with some whipped cream and your favourite summer fruits.
- Lamingtons are another Australia Day classic dessert. Try your hand at making them, or pop into Michel’s Patisserie in Gosford to grab yourself some of these tempting cakey, chocolate and coconut treats!
Hit the pub
- The Australia Day long weekend is a great excuse to catch up and enjoy a few drinks with mates, or treat the family to a meal out.
- Head to one of these local favourite pubs around the Central Coast!
Have a splash
- Hit the beach or cool off over the Australia Day long weekend with a dip at your local pool around Gosford.
- Splash into one of the Central Coast Council’s leisure centres, including
Need a small fast cash loan for your long weekend festivities?
- However you plan to celebrate this Australia Day, if you need a quick and easy cash loan to see you through, City Finance can help!
- Pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Gosford branch for a chat.
- You can also phone us on 4325 0444, or apply online today!