Top tips for Australia Day festivities around Gosnells
The date of Australia Day has been the subject of some controversy lately. Whatever your view, the Australia Day long weekend provides time to catch up with friends and family, celebrating all things Aussie.
Here’s some cheap and easy ways to celebrate Australia Day long weekend around Gosnells.
Grab an Aussie bite for brekkie
Party the night away in Armadale this Australia Day
- In the evening, head to Armadale City Centre for a jam-packed night of festivities and fireworks.
- Take a picnic and nab yourself at Minnawarra Park. There’s activities for all ages including a kid’s zone and rides, water fun, live music, an Aussie Backyard Bash cricket match and food stalls.
- The fireworks finale will light up the sky from 8:30pm, with more music from a great live band.
Throw a few prawns on the barbie
Pack a picnic
- For a summer feast without having to fire up the barbie, pack a picnic and head to one of the fabulous picnic spots around Gosnells.
- Top local picnic spots include
Whip up some Aussie classics
- Wherever you’re dining, Australia Day is the perfect time to tempt your tastebuds with some classic Aussie culinary favourites.
- If you’re handy in the kitchen, try making a classic Aussie meat pie. Or take a shortcut and swing by a bakery such as Jesters Pies in Gosnells to pick up one they’ve got ready and waiting for you!
- How about a pavlova for dessert? You could make your own pavlova, or pick up one from Coles Gosnells or Maddington, and top it with some whipped cream and your favourite summer fruits.
- Lamingtons are another Australia Day classic dessert. Try your hand at making them, or pop into Pinjarra Bakery and Patisserie in Maddington to grab yourself some of these tempting cakey, chocolate and coconut treats!
Hit the pub
- The Australia Day long weekend is a great excuse to catch up and enjoy a few drinks with mates, or treat the family to a meal out.
- Head to one of these local favourite pubs around Gosnells!
Have a splash
- Cool off over the Australia Day long weekend with a dip at your local Gosnells pool.
- Splash into Leisure World in Thornlie. The pools here include an indoor lap pool and beach style leisure pool, and an outdoor pool with interactive water cannons.
- Check the website for opening hours and entry fee details.
Need a small fast cash loan for your long weekend festivities?
- However you plan to celebrate this Australia Day, if you need a quick and easy cash loan to see you through, City Finance can help!
- Pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Gosnells branch for a chat.
- You can also phone us on 9490 2491, or apply online today!