Summer is coming! It’s the perfect time to get out and about around Logan this summer for some free fun in the sunshine. Here’s our top tips for the best budget friendly ways to beat the heat around Logan this summer.
Splash on in
- If you have a pool at home – lucky you! You have the perfect spot to laze away those hot sunny days without splashing your cash away.
- Add a bit of fun and magic to your dip with a few cheap pool toys.
- Head to Kmart at Loganholme, Browns Plains or in Woodridge at Logan Plaza to check out their range – who doesn’t want a unicorn or flamingo to float around in?
- If you haven’t got a pool – Kmart can fix that for you!
- You can get yourself a pool for less than $50, and have it set up and ready to dive in on in around 10 minutes.
Make it rain!
- If a pool isn’t your thing, why not take a walk down memory lane to the good old days of the backyard sprinkler?
- Grab yourself a sprinkler from Bunnings in Loganholme or Underwood for less than $7.
- Hook it up to the backyard hose and the whole family can have a blast running through the sprinkler shower.
- Your lawn will thank you too!
Pop into the pool
If you’ve had your fun under the sprinkler and are still yearning for the real deal, take a dip at your local aquatic centre.
- Logan City Council operates 7 aquatic centres which have professional life guard supervision.
- Check the website for each for their location, facilities, opening hours and entry fee details:
Cool down and unwind indoors
Hit the park
- For the perfect combination of play and water fun, head to the Darlington Parklands in Yarrabilba.
- This fabulous waterpark has a great water play area with shallow pools and fountains for the kids (and big kids!) to splash about and cool down in.
- There’s also a fun playground which features a flying fox, rope bridges, tunnels, basketball half court, and much more.
- Enjoy a relaxing picnic using the many shelters, tables and bbqs available.
Fill up the Esky
- Keep your day out on budget by coming prepared with cheap snacks.
- Fill your Esky with some cold drinks, fruit and snacks that you’ve pre-purchased at the supermarket.
- This will prevent having to buy expensive food and drinks and save you a stack of precious cash.
And of course – stay sun safe
- Don’t ruin your fun in the sun with a nasty case of sunburn.
- Stock up on sunscreen and remember to Slip, Slop, Slap!
Follow these top tips to celebrate the sunshine in Logan, without overheating your budget this summer.
Need some extra summertime cash, fast?
- If you need to cool off your overheated budget this summer with a fast small cash loan, City Finance understand and are here to help.
- Just pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Logan Central branch for a chat, or phone us on 1300 201 300.
- You can also apply online today!