Summer is coming! It’s the perfect time to get out and about around the Gold Coast this summer for some free fun in the sunshine. Here’s our top tips for the best budget friendly ways to beat the heat around the Gold Coast this summer.
Splash on in
- If you have a pool at home – lucky you! You have the perfect spot to laze away those hot sunny days without splashing your cash away.
- Add a bit of fun and magic to your dip with a few cheap pool toys.
- Head to Kmart at Southport, Broadbeach, Helensvale or Oxenford to check out their range – who doesn’t want a unicorn or flamingo to float around in?
- If you haven’t got a pool – Kmart can fix that for you!
- You can get yourself a pool for less than $50, and have it set up and ready to dive in on in around 10 minutes.
Make it rain!
- If a pool isn’t your thing, why not take a walk down memory lane to the good old days of the backyard sprinkler?
- Grab yourself a sprinkler from Bunnings in Southport, Arundel or Mermaid Waters for less than $7.
- Hook it up to the backyard hose and the whole family can have a blast running through the sprinkler shower.
- Your lawn will thank you too!
Pop into the pool
- If you’ve had your fun under the sprinkler and are still yearning for the real deal, take a dip at your local aquatic centre on the Gold Coast this summer.
- Gold Coast City Council operates 8 aquatic centres which have professional life guard supervision.
- Check the website for each for their location, facilities, opening hours and entry fee details:
- Or if you prefer to get salty, head to one of the many safe ocean swimming enclosures on the Gold Coast.
Cool down and unwind indoors
Lay about at the lagoon
- On those lazy summer days, Broadwater Parklands is THE spot to enjoy the sunshine.
- This completely free paradise by the sea is the perfect spot to enjoy a summer’s day with the kids.
- The kids will love the Rockpools Water Playground. This exciting water playground that includes a creek bed and several tidal rock pools for children to splash, dam and explore. It’s supervised by lifeguards and is free!
Hit the beach
- Let’s face it – there’s no better way to celebrate the gorgeous summer sunshine than with a trip to the beach. And even better, it’s completely free!
- Our spectacular Gold Coast has 52 kilometres of stunning beaches that are patrolled by Gold Coast’s lifeguards during the swim season.
- Take your pick of any of one of these beautiful beaches that stretch from South Stradbroke Island in the north to Rainbow Beach in the south.
- Check this handy schedule to check the times your local beach has lifeguards on patrol.
Fill up the Esky
- Keep your day out on budget by coming prepared with cheap snacks.
- Fill your Esky with some cold drinks, fruit and snacks that you’ve pre-purchased at the supermarket.
- This will prevent having to buy expensive food and drinks and save you a stack of precious cash.
And of course – stay sun safe
- Don’t ruin your fun in the sun with a nasty case of sunburn.
- Stock up on sunscreen and remember to Slip, Slop, Slap!
Follow these top tips to celebrate the sunshine, without overheating your budget on the Gold Coast this summer.