Free and easy exercise ideas the whole family can enjoy
The family that plays together, stays together! Have some fun exercising together and enjoying a few laughs with your family. It needn’t cost you a cent, and you’ll all enjoy the feel-good vibe.
Here’s some great fun and free ways to get the whole family moving
Hit the park
- Midland has lots of great parks where you can have fun with the family while working on your fitness. Take a ball, frisbee, cricket set or whatever you fancy!
- Or while the kids play, here’s a great guide to using equipment at your local playground as the base for a great workout.
- And there’s loads of other playground workout ideas available online, like this one.
- Let your furry four legged family member join in the fun! All reserves in the Midland area are specified as dog exercise areas, except for the ones listed here.
Family Fun Run
Got some little joggers in the family? Make it a family affair!
- Take a regular fun run together, without the usual expensive entry fees.
- Jump on the Park Run Every Saturday you can head to your nearest site to join a free 5km run.
- Join the Midland area Parkrun each Saturday at Woodridge Riverside Park.
On your bike!
Grab a bike and a helmet for each member of the family, and head for a Sunday cycle.
Get back to nature
Take a bushwalk with the family. It’s free and fun, and a great way to enjoy a chat together while you exercise.
- You don’t have to venture any further than your own backyard to enjoy a workout with the family.
- Create an outdoor obstacle course, play a game of ‘tip’ or have a family tug-of-war.
- You could also set up your own putt-putt golf course or have a water pistol fight!
- Whatever you and the kids enjoy – you needn’t look any further than your own backyard!
For those days when it’s pouring with rain or you’re stuck at home – you and the kids can still enjoy some exercise together indoors.
- Jump online to sites like YouTube and Vimeo and search for family or kids workouts – there’s millions to choose from, for free!
- Or why not borrow a fitness DVD from your local City of Swan Library? You can burn 500 kilojoules doing a 20-minute resistance-training circuit in your lounge room.
- You could also play a Wii or Play Station sports game that gets you moving – the kids will love it!
So no matter where you are around Midland, or whatever the weather, there’s loads of fun and free ways you can get your family moving along the road to fitness, without busting your budget. Get started today!