Music makes the world go round! No matter what style you’re into, there’s nothing quite like soaking up the vibe of music being played live. You don’t need a limitless budget to go to expensive concerts. Here’s some local spots where you can enjoy live music in Newcastle.
Get jazzy with it
- If getting jazzy makes your heart sing, then the Newcastle Jazz Club has you covered.
- As well as hosting regular budget-priced jazz gigs, the big Newcastle Jazz Festival is held each August.
- You might also like to check out the Tuesday Night Jazz at Newcastle’s Grand Hotel Underground. Entry is just $15, or $10 concession.
Local music in Newcastle for free
Enjoy authentic pub gigs
- Head to Shenanigans at The Imperial Hotel in Maitland to check out the huge range of free live music on offer.
- The Cardiff RSL showcase some of Newcastle’s hottest duo’s, trio’s and bands, and have a huge dance floor where you can boogie the night away! Their free live music is from 8:15pm Friday and 8:30pm Saturdays.
- Or check out The Wicko in Islington, known as the home of blues music around town. With a great line-up of local and big name gigs, you can enjoy free live music in the front bar or in the beer garden on Saturday and Sunday Afternoons.
- In Hamilton, the Northern Star Hotel presents the best local and touring artists for free in their front bar 4 nights a week.
- The Lambton Park Hotel also has a great lineup of free live music in Newcastle.
Sing yourself silly
- Enjoy a karaoke crack-up! Bring a few laughs to your live music experience by creating it yourself.
- Head to the Mattara Hotel in Newcastle on Saturday nights from 7:30pm to grab the mic and become a rock star!
- For more great karaoke gigs around Newcastle, check out Karaoke Seeker.
- Karaoke is always a fun night out with mates. Whether you’re brave enough to take to the stage or prefer the role of adoring (or horrified!) fan, the live music laughs are guaranteed.
The big gigs
- Sure, you might need to stretch your budget a little, but sometimes a big name comes along and you’ve just gotta be there.
- Around the Newcastle area, you might catch some big names performing at the Newcastle Entertainment Centre, or at some of the big vineyards in the Hunter Valley.
- Try your luck on some discounted last minute tickets. Head to Lasttix to check out what cheap tickets are on offer around Newcastle.
- But be warned about buying dodgy tickets online. If the ticket you purchase from an unauthorised seller isn’t genuine, you’re likely to be refused admission to the gig. You’re essentially throwing your cold hard cash down the drain!
With plenty of free and cheap options to get into the groove, hit the town and enjoy some live music in Newcastle today!
We can help you with fast cash to get out on the town
- Want to broaden your musical horizons or indulge in an expensive stadium style concert?
- City Finance can help you come up with the fast cash you need!
- Pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Mayfield branch for a chat.
- You can also phone us on 1300 10 10 44, or apply online today!