Music makes the world go round! No matter what style you’re into, there’s nothing quite like soaking up the vibe of your favourite music being played live. You don’t need a limitless budget to go to expensive concerts. Here’s some local spots where you can enjoy live music on the Gold Coast.
Get jazzy with it
- If getting jazzy makes your heart sing, then head for the bright lights of the Gold Coast City Jazz Club.
- They host a range of acclaimed performers at Southport Bowls Club and you can save on ticket prices by becoming a club member.
Local music on the Gold Coast for free
- Southport Sharks have free live music every night of the week. They showcase everything from soul, blues, funk, rock n roll, hip hop, pop, reggae and tribute acts.
- Check out this online Gold Coast gig guide, or perhaps this one here or this Surfers Paradise gig guide, for upcoming live music performances.
- There’s free live music and entertainment in Surfers Paradise’s Cavill Lane every Friday and Saturday night from 6pm – 9pm. Head on down and take in some tunes for free!
Enjoy authentic pub gigs
- With a cutting edge sound and lighting system, the Surfers Paradise Beergarden also has live bands performing every Thursday through Sunday.
- The Broadbeach Tavern have live bands every Thursday through to Sunday, across a wide range of music styles and tastes, so there’s something there for everyone.
Sing yourself silly
- Enjoy a karaoke crack-up! Bring a few laughs to your live music experience by creating it yourself.
- Head to Southport Sharks on Thursday nights from 7:30pm to grab the mic and become a rock star! It’s free, and there’s also prizes up for grabs.
- The Tune-Up Bar in Surfers Paradise has karaoke action from 8:30pm, 7 nights a week!
- Karaoke is always a fun night out with mates. Whether you’re brave enough to take to the stage or prefer the role of adoring (or horrified!) fan, the live music laughs are guaranteed.
The big gigs
- Sure, you might need to stretch your budget a little (or perhaps a lot!), but sometimes a big name comes along and you’ve just gotta find a way to be there.
- Around the Gold Coast area, you might catch some big names performing at the Gold Coast Exhibition and Convention Centre, or Brisbane’s The Tivoli or the Brisbane Entertainment Centre. Big names touring here this year include Neil Diamond, Bruno Mars and Pink.
- Try your luck on some discounted last minute tickets. Head to Lasttix to check out what cheap tickets are on offer around the Gold Coast.
- But be warned about buying dodgy tickets online. If the ticket you purchase from an unauthorised seller isn’t genuine, you’re likely to be refused admission to the gig. You’re essentially throwing your cold hard cash down the drain!
With plenty of free and cheap options to get into the groove, hit the town and enjoy some live music on the Gold Coast today!
We can help you with fast cash to get out on the town
- Want to broaden your musical horizons or indulge in an expensive stadium style concert?
- City Finance can help you come up with the fast cash you need!
- Pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Southport branch for a chat.
- You can also phone us on 1300 438 666, or apply online today!