The holidays are here! That means it’s time to come up with some boredom busting ideas that will keep the kids happy during the school holidays in Bankstown without busting your budget.
Fun, free or cheap entertainment during school holidays in Bankstown
Auburn, Bankstown, Georges Hall, Hurstville, Punchbowl, Padstow, Panania, Greenacre, Condell Park, Revesby, Picnic Point
Free and creative library fun
Check out the awesome free kid’s activities hosted by City of Canterbury-Bankstown Libraries.
- With locations including Campsie, Earlwood, Lakemba and Riverwood, there’s a huge range of activities to choose from.
- School holiday workshops include games, art and craft, bingo, recycling to make art, making picture frames and pyjama story time.
- Check out the program for full details and bookings for all of these great school holiday activities.
Be in the centre of the action
Canturbury-Bankstown’s Children’s Centres run some affordable Vacation Care programs for primary school aged kids.
- The action-packed program of activities includes themed days and excursions such as:
- Mini Olympics;
- Sports; and
- Art workshops
- Check the council’s website for full program details and booking information.
For high school kids aged between 12 and 18 years, the Belmore Youth Resource Centre have you covered.
- The BYRC runs a great range of fun activities and supervised excursions for teens to learn new skills and make new friends during the school holidays in Bankstown.
- Their school holiday program includes activities such as skater skills and science workshops, and trips to laser tag, Luna Park and the Olympic Park pool.
Creative kids should head to the Bankstown Arts Centre for some of their fun school holiday workshops.
- Workshops include themed sessions with materials and techniques including a kids party and comedy workshop, crafty and cardboard costume making and hula hoop fun.
- There’s something to suit all ages. Check the online program for dates, details and booking information.
Holiday mania at the club
The Bankstown Sports Club have an awesome array of activities to entertain the kids these holidays.
Hit the park!
It doesn’t get much simpler – or cheaper! – than heading to your local park for hours of fun!
- Throw some snacks and scooters into the car and get exploring – why not use the playground finder to venture to a new playground? Parks are a free, fun way to get the kids off your back and work off all of that excess energy!
- Don’t forget to pack yourself a picnic rug and a book – if you’re lucky, you might even get a few moments peace to relax and enjoy the sunshine!