The holidays are here! That means it’s time to come up with some boredom busting ideas that will keep the kids happy during the school holidays in Logan without busting your budget.
Fun, free or cheap entertainment these school holidays in Logan
Imagine what you’ll find at your local Logan library
There’s loads of free and low cost school holiday workshops and activities at Logan City Council Libraries.
- Get inspired at the ImagiNation Children’s Festival. This 2 week long action-packed program offers a monster-sized range of free and low cost activities all around Logan, sparking ImagiNation everywhere!
- It kicks off on Monday 18 September with an action-packed free fun day in Kingston from 10am to 2pm.
- The action includes a petting zoo, arts and crafts, games and tours. Bring a picnic along, or there’ll also be food and drink for sale.
- Book your free family fun day registration online.
- The kids can then choose events from an exciting two week program of fun holiday activities, including:
- Fun workshops including robotics, photography, art, music, dancing, language, acrobatics and electronics
- Amazing adventures including nature trails, obstacle course, river rowing, water-skiing, go-karting, picnics and parks
- Or for something a little different, there’s scavenger hunts, chocolate factory tours, bush tucker classes, kids in the kitchen and pet puppets
- To book and for full details, check out the program.
Spring into some active outdoor fun
Get the kids off their devices and into some active outdoor fun, thanks to Movement Monkeys.
- This week long program for 4 – 13 year olds offers top sports coaching, learning, skills development and fun.
- At a low cost of just over $30 a day, kids participate in a variety of sports and exciting activities from 9am – 3pm daily.
- Check out the full program and range of locations, and register before spots fill up.
Bookings are now open for KRANK.
- This low cost school holiday program is run by Logan City Council.
- It offers a huge variety of free and low cost activities for kids aged from 5 to 17 years.
- The program for primary school kids includes hip hop, woodwork, surfing, bubble soccer, bowling, kayaking and even freestyle BMX.
- Most activities are free, and spots fill fast – so register today.
Now that the beautiful Spring weather has arrived, wear the kids out with a fun day by the water during these school holidays in Logan.
- Splash into the warmer weather and explore Logan’s beautiful wetlands.
- With 8.5 kilometres of walkways and bike tracks to enjoy, the Berrinba wetlands is a top spot for a free day out.
- Pack a picnic and the kids will be both happy and well fed, and your day out needn’t cost you a cent.
- Or dive right in to one of Logan’s many aquatic centres, and splash into some fun this Spring.
Hit the park
It doesn’t get much cheaper than heading to your local park for hours of free fun.
- Get the kids off your back and have them work off all of that excess energy.
- Use the Logan parks directory to choose a new spot, or just throw some snacks and scooters into the car and get exploring.
- Don’t forget to pack yourself a picnic rug and a book – if you’re lucky, you might even get a few moments peace to relax and enjoy the sunshine!
On your bike!
Or for a change of scene, hit the bike path!