Whether you’re looking for bargains on local produce, arts and crafts, or hoping to make some cash selling some of your own, your local markets in Newcastle are the places to go.
Here’s some of the best local markets around Newcastle
- Firstly, if you’re after fresh, organic produce and some gourmet foods, head to the Hunter Street Mall Produce Market, also known as the Cruise Market.
- Conveniently undercover in Newcastle’s CBD, they’re open from 9am to 3pm every Wednesday through to Saturday.
- It’s also a great spot to pick up some gorgeous fresh flowers, plants and herbs.
- For great prices on super-fresh fruit and vegies, head to the Newcastle City Farmers Market.
- Held at the Newcastle Showgrounds on most Sundays, these markets feature fresh local produce along with great gourmet goodies and gifts.
- The range of stalls includes artisan crafts, jewellery, beauty products, photography, toys, books and much more.
Street market with a European flavour
- The Hamilton Clocktower Markets on Beaumont Street in Hamilton are colourful, vibrant and fun.
- Offering a great blend of produce, plants, arts and crafts, they’re on the first, third and fifth Saturday of each month.
- Come along to browse, or make yourself some extra cash by becoming a stallholder for just $35!
- Uncover artisan creations from local artists and designers at the Olive Tree Markets.
- Explore the work of emerging Newcastle artists, grab yourself some fresh gourmet produce, and enjoy tunes from local musicians.
- These vibrant markets are held in Newcastle’s Civic Park from 9am until 3pm on the first Saturday of each month.
- Follow them on Facebook to stay up to date with market dates and happenings.
- Newcastle’s Hunt and Gather Markets are a great place to grab some bargains on designer clothing and accessories.
- These are held monthly in Pacific Park in Newcastle East. The first market for 2018 is on Saturday 17th February, from 9am till 2pm.
- Enjoy a fun and social vibe while browsing all sorts of creations and goods. There’s lots of tasty food stalls and live music to add to the atmosphere too!
In the market for some fast cash?
- Whether you need quick and easy access to some fast cash to launch your own market stall or to go market shopping, City Finance can help!
- Pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Mayfield branch for a chat.
- You can also phone us on 1300 10 10 44, or apply online today!