Cash-free fun to wear the kids out!
When you need to entertain the kids and are on a low income and tight budget – hit the park! It doesn’t get much simpler – or cheaper – than heading to one of these fab local parks in Newcastle for hours of fun!
Here’s 10 top kids parks in Newcastle
Lambton Park has something to thrill kids of all ages.
- Little ones will love the slide and swings, activity panels, rockers, roundabout and playhouse.
- There’s a large climbing frame and slide for bigger kids, and everyone will love the water play.
Or kids heaven!
And don’t miss the aptly named Speers Point Variety Park.
- This massive park features a giant 12 metre climbing tower with a 9 metre spiral slide.
- Along with a double flying fox and spider climbing net, there are swings and slides galore, musical and water play features.
Fun for the kids – and dog!
For a fun and action-packed picnic, hit Nesca Park on The Hill.
- This newly completed playground features rope bridges, a fort, spinner, see-saw and slide.
- There’s also swings galore – a baby swing, regular swing and large communal swing.
Get back to nature
Take a short drive to Blue Gum Hills Regional Park and get away from it all for a while.
- This unique mining-themed adventure playground has a settler’s house, tunnel and manual conveyer belt with rocks to move.
- There’s also a maze with an overlooking observation deck for Mum and Dad.
Scoot, ride or climb at Islington Park.
- Kids will love the track complete with traffic signs, and have fun cooling off in the water play zone.
- They can also set sail in the play boat and enjoy the climbing frames, swings and slides.
Something for everyone
Pack a picnic and head to Jesmond Park for a fun day out.
- There’s two fun kids playgrounds to choose from, bike and scooter paths, and a basketball half court.
- And bring the Frisbee along – sports enthusiasts will love the nine hole disc golf course!
Park with a view
For some playful fun by the beach head to Dixon Park Beach playground.
- Mum and Dad can relax and enjoy the view while the kids climb, swing, see-saw, rock and make music on the xylophone.
- And there’s a great picnic area where you can enjoy your lunch, sand-free!
One for the big kids
Older kids who love to climb will enjoy Kurraka Drive Playground in Fletcher.
- There’s large climbing and spinning frames and swings.
- There’s a smaller playhouse with slide for younger kids, and loads of open space to throw a ball around.
A park by the pool
Federal Park is right next to Wallsend Pool.
- With a large communal swing, climbing wall, slide and swings, there’s play equipment for all ages.
- There’s also a spider web to climb, and lots of large covered picnic tables.
Hit the foreshore
Foreshore Park is one of the awesome parks in Newcastle East that offers some great harbourside fun.
- With a play train to clamber over, kids will enjoy climbing, rocking and swinging in this shaded playground.
- You can also feed the ducks and enjoy a picnic at one of the many sheltered tables.