Grab a blanket and the esky for budget busting outdoor dining
Who says eating out has to be expensive? Forget splashing a load of cash at a fancy restaurant. There’s no better way to enjoy a bite to eat than sitting out in the sunshine with family, friends or your special someone. For a cheap and easy meal out, nothing beats these picnic spots in Gosford.
Here’s 5 top picnic spots in Gosford and around the Central Coast
Get back to nature
Bliss out in the serenity of Somersby Falls in the Brisbane Water National Park.
- One of the Central Coast’s best kept secrets, Somersby Falls picnic area is the perfect place to escape from everyday life.
- Picnic in the lush rainforest, enjoying the use of picnic tables, free BBQs and lots of space to spread out a picnic rug.
- Take in the sights and wildlife, and take in the stunning falls as you enjoy a stroll along the Somersby Falls walking track.
- Car parking is available and there is a National Parks entry fee.
Relaxing and recreation
If you like to enjoy a bit of action with your picnic, head to the Peninsula Recreation Precinct at Umina Beach.
- Here there’s lots of picnic shelters and tables, electric BBQs, drinking fountains and toilet facilities.
- This sporting wonderland has lots of open grassy spaces and is surrounded by sports fields. There’s lots of play areas including separate play zones for toddlers, younger and older kids.
- Older kids will love the basketball court, skate park and dirt bike tracks.
- And all of this is directly opposite beautiful Umina Beach.
Where else to enjoy the perfect picnic, but at Picnic Point at The Entrance, of course!
- The beautiful waterfront precinct at The Entrance is a great spot to enjoy a picnic. Sit back and enjoy the views across the water, and watch the world go by.
- There’s lots of picnic tables and shelters, BBQs and toilet facilities, as well as open grassy spaces where you can throw down a picnic rug or kick a ball around.
- Play pelican spotting and let the kids scoot around or have a play in the kids’ playground.
- There’s plenty of shops nearby where you can grab an ice cream to cap off your day out.
On a sunny day, picnic spots don’t come much more heavenly than The Haven in Terrigal.
- This appropriately named seaside spot is a beautiful place to enjoy a relaxing picnic.
- There’s picnic tables and BBQs overlooking the ocean in this protected cove. Watch the boats go by and enjoy the pelicans.
- Work up your appetite with a walk around the headland and up to the Skillion.
- Enjoy a swim in the Haven’s calm waters on warm days and laze about in the glorious sunshine.
Continuing the theme of seaside tranquillity is the Lions Park at Woy Woy.
- This scenic waterfront reserve overlooking Pelican Island on Brisbane Waters is a great way to laze away an afternoon.
- There’s picnic tables and BBQ facilities, with lots of open space to spread out your picnic blanket and enjoy a book in the sunshine.
- After you’ve enjoyed your picnic perhaps take a seaside stroll or let the kids have a play in the playground.
- The perfect spot to spend a lazy sunny day!
So shake off the last of the winter weather! When the sun’s shining, pack some food to enjoy a fun, free day out with friends and family at one of these picnic spots in Gosford.